Center for Secure and Modern Elections
Position: Campaign Lead
Reports to: Deputy Director
The Center for Secure and Modern Election builds and supports state campaigns to pass voter
registration modernization. We believe that to strengthen America’s democracy, states across
the political spectrum urgently need to modernize systems so that all eligible Americans can
have their voices heard. The Center for Secure and Modern Elections provides resources,
staffing, and strategic oversight to execute state-based campaigns working to pass reforms in
their legislature or on the ballot.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Conduct the following activities and report to Deputy Director.
- Manage CSME's presence and program in several states acting as a campaign consultant and responsible for strategic planning as well as execution.
- Determine policy needs for assigned states and work with CSME teams to ensure needs are met and keep goals on track.
- Contribute to identifying and drafting key materials and producing relevant content for policy efforts.
- Participate in National and State convenings as needed.
- Support additional national and multi-state projects involving CSME's programmatic goals.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well on a team
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and perform simple analysis of data sets
- Strong understanding of how the precise shape of a policy can affect the outcomes of that policy
- 1-4 years of experience in building and managing campaigns
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Berenice Murguia, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.