Government Relations Associate
Center for Secure and Modern Elections
Position: Government Relations Associate
Reports to: Internal and External Government Relations Directors
The Center for Secure and Modern Election builds and supports state campaigns to pass voter
registration modernization. We believe that to strengthen America’s democracy, states across
the political spectrum urgently need to modernize systems so that all eligible Americans can
have their voices heard. The Center for Secure and Modern Elections provides resources,
staffing, and strategic oversight to execute state-based campaigns working to pass reforms in
their legislature or on the ballot.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Conduct the following activities and report to the Internal and External Government Relations Directors.
- Coordinate the management of CSME’s state-level government relations footprint to ensure the achievement of organizational goals.
- Interface with Policy, Campaigns, and Communications teams to communicate current legislative landscape relevant context.
- Report status updates of organizational priorities to the Internal and External Government Relations Directors.
- Produce weekly progress reports
- Manage day to day policy work in multiple states
- Produce internal research on legislative issues.
- Coordinate internal communications across organizational departments.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well on a team
- Commitment to learning about and working to advance pro- voter issues
- Ability to work with both sides of the aisle to advance policy in a variety of states
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- 4-year college degree
- 2-5 years experience of state-level government relations experience, including lobbying state legislative focused work or government affairs.
- Demonstrated experience of developing legislative strategy and a strong understanding of state-level legislative processes
- Experience in rulemaking or administrative procedures on the state level
- Strong written and verbal communication
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Berenice Murguia, Director of Operations, at email@example.com with the position in the subject line.