Center for Secure and Modern Elections
Position Title: Operations Associate
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Hours per week (average): 40
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Center for Secure and Modern Election builds and supports state campaigns to pass voter registration modernization. We believe that to strengthen America’s democracy, states across the political spectrum urgently need to modernize systems so that all eligible Americans can have their voice heard. Center for Secure and Modern Elections provides resources, staffing, and strategic oversight to execute state- based campaigns working to pass reforms in their legislature or on the ballot.
Your responsibilities include providing administrative support to the Operations Coordinator and assisting in management of the day-to-day operations of the organization. You will be a self-starter who can expand ont heir assigned duties and help in fostering a great working environment for the entire team in a manner that bolsters productivity. You will be passionate about working on progressive issues in a rapidly changing environment and eager to learn on the job.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure all employees submit timesheets and expense reports by the deadlines each month
- Manage calendars and scheduling for the Executive Director, Deputy Director and Special Projects Director.
- Assist in organizing, coordinating, and scheduling meetings, events and conferences.
- Maintain weekly standing meeting schedules; ensure agendas go out before each meeting.
- Take notes at meetings and ensure follow-up items are communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Assist in management of all scheduling, logistics, reimbursements, and resource needs for staffers and contractors.
- Proof-read final documents, work closely with the operations manager on document creation, and provide support to the team to ensure documents are produced efficiently and are made available easily.
- Assist in all operations-related work with key areas of focus on vendor assessment and invoicing.
- Assist with other duties as assigned, including those related to operations, campaigns and events.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent.
- Interest in growing in a fast-paced remote environment and gaining new skills and abilities related to issue advocacy and campaigns.
- At least 1 year of experience in a role that requires a high level of organization.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Berenice Murguia, Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com with the position in the subject line.